Not only are over 2500 museums and galleries worldwide offering virtual tours during the shutdown via Google’s Arts & Culture portal, but also The Metropolitan Opera house will be offering free digital performances every night of the week starting at 7:30. You can even take incredible virtual tours of America’s fabulous national parks while they are closed.
Some of the many museums and galleries offering online tours include the following:
- The British Museum—located in the heart of London, this iconic viewing space provides a virtual tour of the Great Court where you can see Egyptian mummies and the ancient Rosetta Stone.
- The Guggenheim—virtually wind your way up the spiral gallery halls of this famous New York City gem using Google’s Street View feature. See awesome works of the Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, Modern, and Contemporary periods.
- Pergamon Museum—this large German museum is the home of many ancient artifacts including its namesake Pergamon Altar, and the Ishtar Gate of Babylon.
- Van Gogh Museum—visit this museum virtually to see the largest collection of Van Gogh’s work with over 500 drawings, 200 paintings, and 750 letters.
- Uffizi Gallery—while not as well-known as some of the others, this gallery contains the vast art collection of the de Medici family of Florence, Italy. While originally built especially for Cosimo de Medici, now anyone from any place in the world with an internet connection can wander the halls.
For any foot or ankle pain and discomfort that you or a loved one may be experiencing, be sure to contact your foot doctor. Call Syracuse Podiatry located in East Syracuse, New York. Dr. Ryan L. D’Amico, Dr. Kathleen Pyatak-Hugar, and Dr. Donal M. Erickson and their staff will help you diagnose and treat your foot or ankle condition. Call 315-446-3668 or make an appointment online today.