Custom-fitted orthotic shoe inserts are designed to your precise foot shape, which makes them unique to treat your specific foot and ankle problems. While you may find some relief with over the counter arch supports, it’s best to see your foot doctor for an exam to determine if orthotics are right for you.
The use of orthotics helps improve athletic performance by shifting weight from problem areas and by preventing injury. Aligning your foot properly with orthotics also aligns your knees, hips, and back thereby preventing many issues from developing in the first place.
Some of the conditions treated with custom orthotic shoe inserts include the following:
- Arch problems and abnormal gait mechanics
- Diabetic foot ulcers and other complications of diabetes that can lead to amputation
- Arch conditions like plantar fasciitis and flat feet
- Toe deformities like bunions, hammertoes, and overlapping toes
- Ankle sprains and strains
- Nerve problems such as neuropathy and neuroma
- Heel pain from heel fissures and bone spurs
- Hairline fractures, cracks, breaks
Custom orthotics are beneficial to athletes and exercise enthusiasts by increasing performance while decreasing the chance of injury. For more infirm patients, orthotic inserts combined with balance braces can help by improving balance and coordination and by preventing debilitating falls.
For help with arch problems and custom orthotic inserts, contact Syracuse Podiatry for an appointment and get the proper diagnosis and treatment you need. Call Syracuse Podiatry located in East Syracuse, New York. Dr. Ryan L. D’Amico, and Dr. Donal M. Erickson, and their staff will help you diagnose and treat your foot or ankle condition. Call 315-446-3668 or make an appointment online today.